Friday, May 25, 2012

God Bless America

This upcoming weekend is a time for remembering, especially for memorializing our veterans.  American flag.Last year I reminisced on Memorial Day about growing up, enjoying family and good friends, and about honoring those who died so that we would have the life we do have. I could say all those things again, but I won’t. If you want to read it, here’s that post.

I did do one thing that I’ll repeat.  That’s recalling a deceased veteran in the family.

One of my uncles who served in the U. S. Army in World War II was: ~ Jim Stull “Shad”~  He earned the Silver Star for gallantry in action in 1944 at St. Lo, Normandy, France, and the Purple Heart when he was shot by a sniper in Essen, Germany.  James_Woodrow_Stull, R.I.P. Uncle ShadWe are all grateful for his courage and service, as we are for all who fought.

 

 

 

 

We aren’t on-the-road this time, but we send best wishes to old friends who we’ve enjoyed some nice times with on holidays. We’ll travel to friends and family within 100 miles and have more good celebrations. Meanwhile, to anyone reading Hurley Travels, have a very safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. …No matter what choice you make for your activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi: Thanks for your thoughts.