Saturday, September 13, 2008

Waiting Out Hurricane Ike

The skies are turning more ominous by the minute and the flags are whipping faster. We've deposited ourselves in Gainesville, Tx, about 50 miles north of Ft. Worth, a location we deemed to be safe from hurricane Ike's rath. We would have gone further west but the torrential rains from a pacific coast storm, Lowell, were drenching that area a couple of days ago. Sooooo, here we are. We have the company of several other rvers at our park behind the Factory Outlet Shops. It's actually a very nice place, with full hookups.

What to do?! We've watched the Ike coverage extensively on TV and are listening to our weather radio for the local area. Did you all see Geraldo's splash? He's okay, so it was quite hilarious. If you haven't seen it, here's a link to the utube video:

And here's a link to one of the Dallas/Ft. Worth stations for local hurricane Ike updates:

Now all there is to do is wait for the storm to pass through east Dallas, skirting us. The wind is blowing a little more now. The rain is intermittent. We have our Internet connection, adequate food and a supply of Merlot. What more could we need???

Hope everyone is staying dry this weekend.


  1. We were listening to it on the radio, so didn't get to see it until just now I went to the link you gave. Yep, pretty did you survive the storm? Have you heard how things went in Livingston?

    Hugs, Sharon & Ron

  2. Hey Good Buddies,
    Glad to read that you got your butts, and your RV, out of harm's way. In answer to your question about "what more could you need (other than some merlot), the answer is US to help you drink it and have a few laughs. We miss you.
    Love, Mary & Elaine


Hi: Thanks for your thoughts.